6 Month Blogiversary….and an Award!!!
I can’t believe that this past week marked 6 months of blogging here on Happily Frazzled!!! I have had so much fun during these past 6 months and I have learned so much! I have learned a lot about blogging, and social media, but I have also learned so much about myself and where I want to take this blog in the future, which if you remember my very first post, that was kind of my whole point in starting this blog. I was looking to find myself again, and come into my own through writing, crafting, learning, and teaching. I still have a long way to go, but I am pretty proud of myself for taking this leap, and I can’t wait see where else it takes me.
One of the highlights of starting a blog is that I have “met” so many new amazing people, both in the readers here and also in the blogging community. And, get this, one of my amazing fellow bloggers actually nominated me for a blogging AWARD! Kathleen over at Blue Eyed Babies nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I couldn’t be more honored! If you are not familiar with the Liebster award, it is an award given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers. It is a way to share the love, share a little about yourself, and to share some of your favorite blogs, and I thought my 6 month blogiversary might be the perfect time to accept this award and do just that!
The first part in accepting the Liebster Award is to answer a set of questions chosen by the blogger that nominated you, so here it goes…
1. When did you start your blog and why?
As I mentioned earlier, I started this blog to help me find myself again. I know that is the typical SAHM cliché, but it’s true. I wanted something to call my own, and since I was already crafting and creating around the house, I thought a blog might be the perfect outlet for me to share that, to connect with other people, and to force myself out of my comfort zone, big time.
2. What is your blog about?
I try to share how you can incorporate a little fun and creativity around your house or with your kids, without it involving a lot of time, work, or a ton of money.
3. What is your favorite kind of food?
No one said I had to be specific.
4. Where is your dream vacation?
Hawaii. It’s on the bucket list.
5. What’s your favorite season, and why?
I really can’t decide! The first month of every season is my favorite! I would typically think that fall is my favorite, but then we get a really good snow storm, and I think, nope, it’s winter. Then the first smells of spring start to waft in, and I am done. And don’t even get me started on summer! I am just thankful that I live in a part of the country that gets to fully enjoy all four!
6. Who is your favorite singer/band?
Forever Guns N Roses. Appetite for Destruction was the first tape I ever bought with my own money and I was so young that I colored clothes on the exposed lady on the inside cover and edited out the swear words myself with my double cassette player, so that I could play it loud without getting in trouble. (AND I just got my tickets for their July show!!!! Another HUGE bucket list item for me. I hope he actually shows up this time…)
7. What would be your dream job?
Maybe a party planner, if I didn’t have to work weekends. Or an interior decorator. Or a professional organizer.
8. What is something you are always working on within yourself?
Time management. I know, so boring. I have a tendency to not start things because of the time that I think it will take to get it done. This blog is teaching me so much about that. Every time I sit down at the computer, or at a project, and I feel overwhelmed, I just tell myself that nothing gets done WITHOUT TAKING THE TIME TO DO IT. I have a tendency to waste more of my time NOT doing something.
9. What’s your favorite animal?
10. How many countries have you visited?
Two, Mexico twice, and Aruba.
11. What are your favorite characteristics in people?
People that build you up. That make you feel good when you are around them, that leave you with a smile on your face. People that look for the positive in any situation.
The next step is to share 11 random facts about myself…
1. I never had a fear of heights until I had kids.
2. I get anxiety when I am buying something that cannot be returned. I break out in a sweat when I am having fabric cut for a project.
3. I once tried to go 24 hours without eating a piece of candy, and it was really really hard.
4. I’d rather go to the DMV than the grocery store.
5. My whole life I thought that I wanted to be a teacher, until I got two years into earning my Elementary Ed degree and switched majors. No regrets. I picked my final major in college by literally reading the description of every single one in the catalogue. Shocking that it didn’t end up being my passion.
6. I am envious of people who know what they want to do with their life (see #5).
7. I once met DJ Jazzy Jeff (who lives/lived in Bear, DE guys!), and when I mentioned that I also live in Delaware, he asked “born and raised?” It took everything in me to not answer that “the playground is where I spent most of my days.”
8. Cooking shows bore me out of my mind, unless it’s desserts.
9. I discovered Podcasts in the past year, and have become obsessed. Sorta Awesome is my current favorite.
10. I love camping if there is a real bathroom and way to make coffee.
11. Five years in, and I am still in shock that I get to be a Stay At Home Mom.
Now I get to share the love and nominate a few fellow new(ish) bloggers, who I think are absolutely amazing…
1. Chubby Bunny Creations Adorable crafts, family friendly tips, and product reviews, and she hosts great link parties, so you can connect to even more great posts and blogs.
2. Welcome to the Woods So much eye candy for the home (I’m obsessed with her living room makeover!), crafts, and great parenting tips.
3. A Happy Home (in Holland) Writing from Holland, and sharing lots of fun recipes, crafts, and insights into life in the Nederlands.
4. Pragma Mamma Great healthy recipes, and so many good helpful parenting tips, crafts and product reviews.
5. Farmhouse on Boone A homeschooling mama who shares so many good recipes, and I am loving all her DIY tips and tutorials for around the home.
And please make sure to check out the Kathleen’s blog, Blue Eyed Babies. She shares fun recipes, insights into motherhood, healthy living tips, and is killing it in her first few months of blogging! Here is her post accepting her own Liebster Award and where she nominated me! Thank you so much for the nomination Kathleen!
And now I get to ask 11 random questions to the ladies that I have nominated…
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. When do you do most of your writing?
3. What is your favorite form of social media?
4. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
5. What is one item on your bucket list?
6. What is your favorite holiday
7. What is the last movie you saw in a theater?
8. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
9. What is your favorite nationality of food?
10. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
11. Besides getting married/having kids what was your BEST day?
I am so glad that I took this leap to try blogging. I still find it a bit overwhelming, and question weekly whether I can continue to keep up with it and attempt to hold my own, but like I said, nothing gets done without actually doing it. If there is something that you really want to try, go for it! Put in the work. Give it your all, or at least all that you have to give at the time. It’s so worth it!!! And thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who takes the time to read my posts each week (or so), offering your encouragement and support. It truly means EVERYTHING!